Webinar Developing your management style 10 May 2018 Speaker: Duncan Brodie Register here Managing looks easy from the outside looking in. It’s a vital skill for any finance professional seeking...
Job title: Tutor/Internal Verifier or Assessor (AAT qualifications)
Job type: Part-time (negotiable hours)
Training provider name: North Hertfordshire College
Are you an experienced Accounting Lecturer looking for a new role with in a growing and expanding company? Do you have a strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success. Do you want to work in a friendly and vibrant team? If you are interested in this position, please apply today.
North Hertfordshire College is currently looking for an experienced and qualified Internal Verifier/Tutor to become part of our AAT team. The successful candidate will have successfully completed a V1 or A1 Award, IQAM or equivalent, and have an accountancy background. Familiarity with AAT qualifications is preferred.
- Deliver teaching sessions for learners at an outstanding standard. Engage learners in a way that will make them realise their full potential. Work with both Apprentices and class based learners delivering outstanding sessions.
- attractive salary
- contributory pension scheme
- participation in group-wide Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme
Role and responsibilities:
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all students, both Apprentices and class based learners.
- Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential. Deliver an appropriate blend of learning opportunities, making effective use of technology both within the classroom and via online and independent learning.
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Act as a course team leader for designated courses, maintaining up to date student records and delivering against agreed student retention, attendance, success, satisfaction and outcome measures.
- Provide both academic and pastoral support for your students, supporting them to achieve their destination ambition.
- Comply with the groups maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice.
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation & student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
- Work with the Programme Manager and Head of Quality colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards in teaching and learning across the academy.
- Work closely with the Apprenticeship Tutor responsible for work places assessment to ensure good communication between Apprentice employers and Hart Learning & Development.
- Keep records of learners progress through identified systems including interacting with e-portfolio OneFile for all Apprenticeship learners.
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process.
- Support Hart Learning & Development marketing and recruitment activities to attract potential learners and improve conversion rates.
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
- Experience of working with Apprentices as well as class based learners
- Experience of e-portfolios
- Experience of curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
- Highly developed course team leadership skills, and effective implementation of quality systems and engagement with student voice as a driver for quality improvement.
- Up to date knowledge of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning.
- Good analytical skills with proven ability to use management information to identify issues and opportunities to drive quality and performance.
- Well-developed organisational, communication and teamwork skills.
- A degree and/or professional qualification in a relevant subject area.
- Hold or be willing to work towards, a relevant teaching qualification Qualified and able to deliver AAT up to Level 4 Ability to deliver CIMA and ACCA course is desirable
Apply: Please email your full CV
Closing date: 5 October 2018
Source: AAT News